xoves, 1 de setembro de 2011

As malas imaxes


Nunca lera, nin vira nada de Lynne Sachs. Namorei en Barcelona dos fotogramas extraídos das súas pelis na caixiña cos DVD's das súas pelis.
Agora ando na pescuda desa fantasía feita tesouro de Pandora.


All my life I’ve been working in the arts. I drew, took pictures and wrote poetry a lot as a kid. Later, when I was a teenager, I got very excited and disturbed by a number of issues—particularly the reinstatement of the draft and abortion rights. I realized, “There’s this part of me that cares about social and political situations; but, I’ll still need to keep this other part that is about my more private self, the part that wants to play with images and words, exploring the everyday.”

Lynne SACHS, 2010



 
Lynne Sachs' retelling of the age-old fairy tale of the beautiful princess in search of the perfect prince. In 1974, Marlo Thomas' hip, liberal celebrity gang created a feminist version of the children's parable for mainstream TV's "Free To Be You and Me". Now in 2006, Sachs dreamed up this new experimental film reworking, a homage to girl/girl romance. "Very gentle and evocative of foreign feelings."
 
George KUCHAR



[A Pandora (de Jules Joseph Lefebvre) waiting for me]

Ningún comentario:

Publicar un comentario